Engage in the eradication of spiritual poverty locally and globally.
Grants for Short-Term Missionary Work
Serve Local to Go Global
Earn funding for your short-term mission trip fee by serving through a local faith-based community organization or through a local church outreach. Each hour of service is worth 25 reward points which is converted to $25 of financial assistance. Amounts of award grants vary.
Grant Guidelines for Short-Term Mission Work
1. Applicants must be 15 years old or older and may only apply once per year. (If you are between 16-22 years old and live in the Carolinas, also consider the Randy Yarber Youth Scholarship.)
2. Applicants may receive up to 3 lifetime awards from Above & Beyond.
3. Grants are awarded to assist applicants on short-term mission trips less than 3 months in duration.
4. If more than 2 or more applicants are applying from the same mission team, please contact our office so we can share our “team award” program.
5. Due to a record number of applications since December 1st, Above & Beyond is currently only accepting applications from the residence of North Carolina and South Carolina. Check back with us on June 15, 2019 for an update if you are living outside the Carolinas.
Applying is as Easy as 1-2-3
Complete a pre-qualifying application and when approved you are placed on a reserve list for the year.
On June 15 Above & Beyond will accept applications from outside North & South Carolina
Serve and submit your serve form.
Submit your Serve Form after your application is approved and all serving hours are completed.
Receive your Above & Beyond Reward and “Go” share the gospel globally. After you return, submit your trip story.
Randy Yarber Scholarship Fund
2019 Randy Yarber Youth Scholarship
The Randy Yarber Scholarship is awarded each year to one Great Commission-minded believer, who serves others “above and beyond,” in a way that brings glory to Jesus Christ through a short-term missions trip (9 months or less.) The $2,500 scholarship is for the applicant’s mission trip fee. If the trip fee is less than $2,500, the complete missions trip fee will be covered by the scholarship, however, the difference in funds will not be given. If the trip fee is more than $2,500, the maximum scholarship amount is $2,500. Applicants must be between 16-22 years old and from North or South Carolina. Applications are only accepted between January 1 and March 15. If necessary, interviews with three finalists will be held between March 15 and 30. The scholarship will be awarded on April 15. To apply, complete the online applications and request your Pastor or Ministry Leader to complete the online recommendation form.